November 9, 2009

Zzzzzzzz

Oh, hi. I wasn't sleeping. Really. I was just checking to make sure the insides of my eyelids were okay. How could I be sleeping when there are 50,000 words to pound out by the end of the month?

But boy, those NaNoWriMo folks are right. The second week IS harder than the first.

Last night, I did a bunch of research. So today I needed to go back and kick some things to the curb while enhancing other things. It's slow-going work.

But it's going.

Today's numbers:

Today's word count: 272
Total word count: 19,419
Goal: 50,000 words
Days remaining: 21

Today's Trivia Question: Which actor bought the first Hummer manufactured for civilian use? (Hint: He makes a surprise appearance in my novel, As If Being 12 3/4 Isn't Bad Enough, My Mother Is Running for President!)

Answer to Yesterday's Trivia Question: The first character to speak in Star Wars was C-3PO.

2 comments:

Janeen Mason said...

Arnold! Of course! Hey, I read in this morning's paper one of the most sought after toys for this holiday season (and most difficult to find) is a battery powered hamster for $9.95. Are hamsters the new pot-bellied pigs? Your spring release has a hamster on the cover, right? You're certainly channeling the pre-teens, Donna. Repeat this three times "OoohhhHHhhmmmmmMMM" and breathe. Back to work now. We're all counting on you. xoxoxo

Wild About Words said...

Janeen,
Don't you know I read that SAME article in the paper and thought that same thing!
Back to work, indeed!
Big hugs,
Donna