November 8, 2009

Murky Middles, a Flashlight and Star Wars Trivia

A big shout of "THANKS" for all the support I've received via comments on this blog, notes on Facebook and thoughtful e-mails.

It's not the easiest thing to to slog through the murky middle of a novel. But as my friend, Dan R. says, "It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick."

At this point, I feel like I'm exploring a dark forest with only a flashlight for company. But my battery is dimming. The light illuminates only one bit at a time, and I take a tentative step in that direction, hoping like heck I haven't veered completely off course.

When I finish and can illuminate the whole work in the light of day, I'll know where I stepped off course and where I needed to forge a new path anyway.

But for now . . . I'm up to my knee caps in the murky middle . . . and I'll creep forward with my flashlight, the one with the dying battery -- and, of course, all your candles of support, shining light where I need it most. Thank you!

Here are today's numbers:

Today's word count: 3,569
Total word count: 19,147
Goal: 50,000 words
Days remaining: 22

Today's Trivia Question: Who is the first character to speak in Star Wars?

Answer to Yesterday's Trivia Question: "E" is the most common letter in Scrabble.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

C3P0. First to speak.