November 2, 2009

Distractions

Today's writing was interrupted by a few, ahem, distractions. Here they are in order of importance:

1. A doctor's appointment. (Never fear. All is well.)
2. The need to do some research. (Oh, thank you, Wikipedia!)
3. An attempted home break-in ON MY STREET! (That's right. Police cars abounded when I returned home from my doctor's appointment. But it was the police helicopter flying overhead again and again that freaked me out. I don't know all the details yet, but I don't think they caught the perp. And I'm super grateful that I have a loud, barky dog. who would give up her life to protect me. Isn't that right, Lady? "Yawn." But seriously, did I mention THERE WAS AN ATTEMPTED HOME BREAK-IN ON MY STREET?)

Since I haven't yet been deputized to fight crime, I decided the best way to handle the situation was to make sure our doors were locked and, well, write. So that's what I did. And every so often, I stopped to say, "Good dog, Lady! Look fierce!"


Today's word count: 1,851
Total word count: 4,391
Goal: 50,000 words
Days remaining: 28

Tune in tomorrow for a fun trivia game . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job beating back all those distractions. Hey, didn't that use to be a blog or something?

Dan

Riley said...

You go girl!