November 24, 2009

Brain on Vacation

Try as I may, I could not get my brain to fully engage in writing. I sat at the computer three different times today for long stretches, but alas . . . my gray matter pooped out on me. I suspect my brain is secretly working out a plot problem, but then again, it might just be sipping margaritas on a cruise ship floating somewhere off in the Carribean.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. Much better. That deadline is closing in on me like . . . oh, see, I can't even come up with a simile. That's how much my brain is on vacation!

Here are today's pitiful, painful, paltry, positively poopy numbers:

Today's word count: 989
Total word count: 35,458
Goal: 50,000 words
Days remaining: 6

Today's Trivia Question: What extremely popular board game was invented in 1979?

Answer to Yesterday's Trivia Question: Dolphins sleep with one eye open and one eye closed.

No comments: