November 7, 2009

15,000 Words Makes One Weak, er, Week

I have officially completed my first week of National Novel Writing Month. According to the site, we are supposed to have 15,000 words by end of the day Monday. I'm already there.

It's a good thing, too, because Week #2 is supposed to be the hardest.

I can see why.

1. My book is approaching the murky middle -- a tangle of possibilities that must be figured out and artfully executed.
2. I'm leaving soon for an out-of-state trip.
3. Hubby's leaving after than for a separate out-of-state trip.
4. And I'm getting sick.

Wish me luck for getting through Week #2.

Here are the numbers:

Today's word count: 982
Total word count: 15,548
Goal: 50,000 words
Days remaining: 23

Today's Trivia Question: In the game of Scrabble, which is the most common letter?

Answer to Yesterday's Trivia Question: The average worker bee produces 1/12th a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.

No comments: